Dads are pretty special. I snapped this picture yesterday from our kitchen while I was getting ready for our small group. I had 2 needy kids in the kitchen and both were wanting attention. Olle wanted to go shovel, and even though there was nothing to shovel, Sten said, 'lets go buddy', and outside they went into the sunshine to "move some snow around". I have no doubt in my mind our kids will name Sten as the most important person in their life. His love for them is deep, and real and beyond special. I am so lucky they have him. There are many days when my patience runs out, and I can't parent well, and magically Sten swoops in to save the day. His intentional listening and purposeful conversations with them leave me speechless. A child needs a mom for a lot of things, and I know the role I play in their life right now is huge, but Sten fills in every gap and then some. Luckiest kids in the world.
Cheers to you Sten!
xo. edc.
Cheers to you Sten!
xo. edc.

Comments
Post a Comment