I have a lot of favorites from this week. We are in a good rhythm over here and I know that won’t last long, so I’m feeling thankful and peaceful and hopeful. 3 things that are good to feel. It’s going to be 50 degrees again today. Lucy got a little sunburn yesterday, which can really help put things in perspective!
1.
Monday morning I couldn’t get enough of watching Boston! Gosh it was fun. And with Des taking it away at that end, it was a happy day for me. I have been nonstop reading article and article since then. My friend Kate was there too and like the tough and full of grit girl that she is finished despite the blowing sheets of rain and a very injured hamstring. She said the weather was just nuts! I was surprised how sad I was that I wasn’t there. Last year after racing I felt very content being a 1 time Boston girl, but Monday stirred up lots of emotions and I would love to go back someday.
2.
Monday we also headed to Mayo in Rochester for Lucy’s eye appointment. We’ve decided to switch doctors and I feel so glad about our decision. We had excellent care and Dr. Bothun was the Dr that did Lucy’s eye surgery in the first place. He is exactly who you’d want taking care of your little one.
After our appointment, we got to meet MAEVE! Laura is my childhood bestie and she let us hold her 1 week old baby girl. It was super special and clearly from the pictures the kids absolutely couldn’t stand it! 😉jk. They didn’t want to let baby Maeve go!!! Neither did I ❤️
3.
And here’s what I’m talking about!! We were outside allllll day yesterday!! We read books outside, played dolls outside, ate lunch outside, painted nails outside.... it was like for the first time warm beat out cold, and IT.WAS.GLORIOUS!! My angel saint Gracia came over and I even got to go for a long run to downtown where a new yoga studio opened that I tested out, I mean seriously, my day couldn’t have been better.
Cheers to the weekend. xo. EDC
Comments
Post a Comment