I juuuuust made it in time for my monthly "go to a state park" goal last week and it was one of my favorite days in a long time. I actually didn’t know what to expect since we haven’t spent a ton of time at Kinnickinnic State Park, but the natural playground was a blast. And then we found the most amazing spot for lunch and my day was made. Looking out at the water, basking in the sunshine. It was really magical.
Then, later in the week we headed out to LT’s grandparents tree farm to pick pumpkins! It was a blast! We got to ride out to the patch on the Kubota, snip our own pumpkins, see the neighbors cows and mules, pick wild raspberries and hang out with our friends! These are the days I live for!
Lastly, I made my first batch of pumpkin muffins today on this cold rainy first day of October.
Without any refined sugar, I feel confident eating these even with my "no sweets" October -- it’s called balance! 😉
INGREDIENTS
⅓ cup melted coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil* (I used coconut oil)
½ cup maple syrup or honey (I used maple syrup)
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 cup pumpkin purée
¼ cup milk of choice (I used almond milk)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling on top
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon allspice or cloves
2 cups white whole wheat flour or regular whole wheat flour (I used whole wheat)
Combine ingredients and bake for 22 mins in 325 degree oven! My recipe made 11. (I must like my muffins big???)
This is from:
https://cookieandkate.com/2014/healthy-maple-pumpkin-muffins/
Comments
Post a Comment