I don’t think the sun has been out in 5 days. Summer left with a swift exit and in its place we got the dreariest fall. The leaves are beautiful and Lucy and Olle are all about fall colors right now, but set against a gray sky.... they just don’t have the same pop! Yesterday I couldn’t take it anymore. We bundled up and headed outside in the misty rain and cold for a walk around the neighborhood. We looked for leaves, raced each other, stopped at our little library and came back feeling better than before. Don’t get me wrong-- I still want/ need the sun to shine soon, but forcing myself outside on a not nice day almost makes me feel like I’ve got super powers or something.
These 2 seem unaffected by the weather. Of which I’m so glad. I get down when cold comes, but they seem to embrace it in a way that’s equally annoying and refreshing. :) I could learn a lot from them.
Here’s to hoping the sun comes out today. 🤞
xo. edc
Comments
Post a Comment