Last night Sten had his first men's gathering. When he worked at Cedarbrook he was gone multiple nights a week with church activities. It was draining on us, and when we started Midcurrent we vowed we have more family nights together, and less night meetings.... Sometimes they are inevitable, but, when you start the church you get to decide how you want it to run! Anyway, on top of him being gone I had told a friend I could watch her 3 kids too, so by the time bedtime came around I was ready to crawl into bed myself.... Putting the kids to bed alone, is probably my least favorite thing to do. It feels like I am a broken record of "put on your jammies, brush your teeth, did you go to the bathroom? put on your jammies, put on your jammies, put on your jammies..."I was helping Olle into his spaceship jammies last night and I said we should probably wear socks to bed as well. I picked out a pair of knit socks that he NEVER wears. Instantly he says "I hate those socks" I put them on anyway, and finally after 2 books, 2 songs, 2 prayers and lots of kisses, I left the kids rooms. I had juuuust crawled into bed myself and all the sudden I see the door open. Olle is standing there, his ratty blankets crumpled up in his little hands and he says: "Mom, actually, I was just joking I do like these socks."
The ever-pleaser, this little Olle bear is. He tries so hard for my approval, even though he has it, every time, without trying at all. I hope he grows to know that, deep down, that I'll always be proud of him. But little moments like last night, well, I kind of like those too, because he is so darn cute and I just don't want him to grow up even one more day.
xo. edc
Comments
Post a Comment