This month is full of milestones in my life.
My birthday—> 24th
Sigges birthday—> 15th
Valentine’s Day—> 14th
Blogs birthday—> 20th
Let’s spend some time talking about these in this order.
My Birthday. I’d like to say I don’t make a fuss about my birthday, but I do, in fact like to be celebrated. Not by large gifts or grand gestures, but by little things and my favorite cake. This year I hope to run 34 miles on my birthday to usher in my 34th year of life. This will take a considerable amount of time, so I guess that’s what I’ll be asking for— some time to run. I love THIS post in reflection of my 24th year of life. I hope to make 34 just as wonderful.
Sigges birthday. Phew. Can’t believe it’s been a whole year! I hope to celebrate our favorite little guy in a big way as I feel like we all hit the jackpot welcoming Sigge into the world. I hope he loves his cake and is in a good mood so that we can watch him laugh and entertain us with his expressions.
Valentine’s Day. We RARELY do anything big for Valentine’s Day, but it’s a special day just the same. Sten and I have already discussed which bottle of wine we’ll open and I get pretty excited to make some kind of heart shaped meal. I’ll make sure to snap a picture this year.
My Blog Birthday. I feel like this is a big deal and one of those small things in life to make note of. Maybe I’ll recreate my first blogpost by making focaccia bread, and talking about my favorite way to spend a day. It will look 100% different from that day in 2011, when I had only been married for 2.5 years, was working full time, and had ZERO kids. BUT, special nonetheless.
It’s fun to think about milestones and I’m happy that I have a chance to look back, and then also look forward! Onward! What a great month!
xo. edc.
Comments
Post a Comment