I was trying to think of things I am having a hard time being thankful for. It’s easy to say I’m thankful for my family, the sun and running. I love all those things.
We spent an hour at the dentist yesterday getting Sigges 4 out of 8 cavities filled! What?!? Talk about having major mom guilt. I clearly have not been brushing his teeth. But yesterday at dinner Sigge was praying and he said: “Dear God, Thank you for these noodles and for this yogurt and for Lincoln playing with me today, and thank you for filling my cavities. Amen.” And it was the most beautiful thing. Because here he is with a numb left side, thanking God for something that feels so “un-thank-worthy”. But it really made me think. I am thankful that we have insurance and that my kids get to have teeth. I’m thankful that we really love our dentist and the office we go to is clean and safe and everyone is friendly. I’m thankful that when we get a dental bill for 8 baby cavities we have money to pay it because God ALWAYS provides. And I thankful that I have a kid who thanks God for the things that are maybe a little more difficult to be grateful for.
I want to continue to find THOSE types of things.
xo. edc.
Comments
Post a Comment