Had lots of feelings yesterday especially after reading an article about preteens. I have one (!!) When did that happen? I loved my early years as a mom, everything about it. People stopping me in grocery stores to see how cute she was, feeding my baby, teaching her to love books, watching her imagination grow, making crafts nonstop, wearing her in the baby bjorn, listening to her rambles…. I feel like I was made to be a little kid mom. And now, here I am out of the stage and feeling so inadequate. What will the next 10 years look like? I want them to be the best. I want them to be full of super happy memories and moments and learning how to solve problems in a healthy way. I want to be the one who doesn’t get offended when she slams a door in my face or chooses friends over me. I want to show up daily as her number one fan and makes sure she knows there is always a spot next to me on the couch to cuddle up.
I’m so thankful for Lucy. She has made me a better person. She’s found some of my more rough edges and has refined them. She’s shown me how to find beauty in all things and she’s been a loyal lover in our family.
xo.edc.


Comments
Post a Comment