As I look back over my day yesterday, I am thankful for many things. An early morning, 9 degree, 6 mile run with Kate, a rare morning of getting ready with the house all to myself, an awesome marriage workshop at Midcurrent, and then a drive to Minneapolis for my uncle Bruce’s funeral. That last one seems like something I shouldn’t be thankful for. It was really sad for me to think about Bruce leaving behind his kids, my aunt, and his grandkids, and not being able to experience retirement life on his hobby farm, which he would have loved. I couldn’t contain my tears thinking about heaven, with it’s bountiful gardens to tend to, apple trees to taste from, and the millions of people that Bruce will get to love there. I’m thankful for the time Sten and I spent with my aunt and uncle, when they so lovingly opened their home to us numerous times throughout college and seminary, and fed us, with really good food.
All in all, I went to bed last night super grateful for this life I get to call mine. With all it’s ups and downs. I wouldn’t trade it.
xo. edc.
Comments
Post a Comment