Skip to main content

Day 13. 

I had a visitor to my quiet time this morning. Lucy never is the first one up, but this morning she ambled downstairs and came to where I was sitting and snuggled right in. We were talking about our day and what I do during these dark, cozy, chilly mornings downstairs. I didn’t want our conversation to end so I said: what are you most looking forward to right now? She responded with: ‘The baby in your tummy to come out.’ I thought for sure she’d say school or Christmas or something, but this girl is so excited for her little brother. I was telling her I’d probably need her help quite a bit and she turned to me and said: 

"I’m kinda like a teenager, but not" 

Ahhhh!!! Stop growing up! 😉

Thanks for the morning snuggles Lucy girl. You make my world a much better place. 


xo. edc. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

back 2 school. back at it. back to reality 2026

We eeeked out every last drop until it was time to head back to school on Wednesday. Annual tradition trip to Lucette after Meet the Teacher is the photo above. Happy to report that everyone did great the first 3 days of school- although I don't know if we're quite ready for a full 5 day week starting tomorrow :) Sten took the boys to Michigan to go to his cousins daughters wedding and they did something that Sten introduced me to when we were dating and on staff together at PLCBC- diving for golf balls! The boys thought it was a blast and I love that they got a bright blue -sunny -skies day to make the water look turquoise and the ball finding easy. While the boys were gone Lucy and I whooped it up! We went to the first Hudson football game... Went to the Glenwood City Rodeo.... AND drove to Iowa to see Josiah Queen at the Iowa State Fair!  Fun is an understatement to describe this little getaway and I feel so lucky we got to do this together. Then it was BACK TO REALITY! holy...

bookends/ teacher things/fall poem

The bookends of my day yesterday was God's way of showing me that I am going to be ok. This picture from my solo run in the morning was absolutely perfect. Cold hands, fast road miles, worship music and a text from a friend right in the middle of it saying that I was top of her prayer list that morning. Then in the evening the boys were outside playing waffle ball and Lucy was walking around the neighborhood with friends and I cranked up my music and cleaned the entire middle/lower level. I stopped at one point and thought-- this is the biggest gift right now.  Other things: I love pens. and there is something so satisfying about having every single color of felt tip/ gel tip at your disposal. lol. Life touch teacher photos--why is my ear showing so much? Is this what I always look like? Haley hosted the Badland Babes for some brunch after our Willow run on Saturday and she made THE most delicious food, didn't know I needed a bonfire until I was sitting in this chair eating thi...

Merry Christmas 2022

I am in complete denial that an entire year has passed! Where did 2022 go?! We celebrated some big milestones, had a lot of fun, and enjoyed our family most. Here are some highlights and lessons learned from 2022.  So. Much. Swimming! Lesson learned: ALWAYS get in the water. You’ll never regret it. Your kids will love you for it and you’ll make way more memories from inside the water than up on the boat. This day was particularly special as we were all together with Uncle Dan and Aunt Pam. We swam, we ate, we boated and we didn’t want the day to end. Having mom and dad move permanently to the Lake has been the BEST.  Midcurrent MOVED! We raised the money, hired the people, decorated and paved the way for more people to get to know Jesus. Before the carpet was laid we wrote prayers on the floor and I am so excited to see what 2023 will bring for Midcurrent. Lesson learned: do the big thing! Give people a chance to show up and see what God can do! Family camp is ALWAYS a highlig...