I had to take a picture of this shrine on Lucy’s windowsill. She keeps the most random “treasures”... It’s easy to get annoyed of all the junk my kids bring home and want to keep. All too often it finds itself in the BIG garbage outside (bc they may find it in our trash can in the kitchen). But there are certain treasures I know mean so much to them even tho I view it as junk.
Here’s to hoping I’m not raising a hoarder!
I’ve realized I am such a wishy washy cold weather running person. If I have someone to meet I jump out of bed, put on 6 layers and head out, but if it’s cold and I have no one to meet, I hit the treadmill later in the day. With the morning temps in the 20s this week, I’ve been out each day around 5, and it feels sooooo good to be back to those early pre-sunrise runs. My day starts off more intentionally and I feel so good. I am trying to let myself take naps in the afternoon. Society says that’s so lazy, but my soul says it’s needed and I’d love to flip the script on productivity being the main goal in the world today. I hope I can teach my kids that rest is vital for our wellbeing, and not a sign of being lazy.
Intention for the day: enjoy Olle’s laugh, Lucy’s hoarding, Sigges snuggles and Stens jokes... and take a rest if I feel like it.
xo. edc.
Here’s to hoping I’m not raising a hoarder!
I’ve realized I am such a wishy washy cold weather running person. If I have someone to meet I jump out of bed, put on 6 layers and head out, but if it’s cold and I have no one to meet, I hit the treadmill later in the day. With the morning temps in the 20s this week, I’ve been out each day around 5, and it feels sooooo good to be back to those early pre-sunrise runs. My day starts off more intentionally and I feel so good. I am trying to let myself take naps in the afternoon. Society says that’s so lazy, but my soul says it’s needed and I’d love to flip the script on productivity being the main goal in the world today. I hope I can teach my kids that rest is vital for our wellbeing, and not a sign of being lazy.
Intention for the day: enjoy Olle’s laugh, Lucy’s hoarding, Sigges snuggles and Stens jokes... and take a rest if I feel like it.
xo. edc.

Comments
Post a Comment