To think this is going to be going on for the entire month of April and, let’s face it, probably way longer, I wonder if I should stop posting every day? I like the idea of having a journal of this crazy time, but the reality is there’s not much to say.
Here are a few thoughts:
1// I was running today and another runner was coming toward me, she moved way over into the road so we were super far apart. I have had thoughts of doing the same, but have always thought: no, that’s extreme... but maybe it’s not??
2// My kids ability to melt my heart is astounding. When Olle asks (after every single run I take) “uh, how was your run mom?” And when Lucy draws pictures of our family.... I can’t take it, sometimes I cry.
3// this also made me cry today
4// my friend Hannah sent me the NICEST note in the mail today. It was incredibly encouraging, uplifting, and one I’ll cherish for a long time. Words are powerful.
5// Sten asked me what he can do each day to make my days better. I said: make sure I can run. And he has been checking in EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Asking ‘what time do you want to go running today?’ It’s been the biggest gift to me and has probably been the reason I haven’t had more breakdowns.
6// I miss things. But I feel pretty strongly about our decision to social distance. So that’s what we’ll do, knowing this won’t last forever, and that hugs from family and friends, dinner parties, going to the mall, school and playgrounds will have a much bigger meaning when we can enjoy them all again.
xo. edc
Here are a few thoughts:
1// I was running today and another runner was coming toward me, she moved way over into the road so we were super far apart. I have had thoughts of doing the same, but have always thought: no, that’s extreme... but maybe it’s not??
2// My kids ability to melt my heart is astounding. When Olle asks (after every single run I take) “uh, how was your run mom?” And when Lucy draws pictures of our family.... I can’t take it, sometimes I cry.
3// this also made me cry today
4// my friend Hannah sent me the NICEST note in the mail today. It was incredibly encouraging, uplifting, and one I’ll cherish for a long time. Words are powerful.
5// Sten asked me what he can do each day to make my days better. I said: make sure I can run. And he has been checking in EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Asking ‘what time do you want to go running today?’ It’s been the biggest gift to me and has probably been the reason I haven’t had more breakdowns.
6// I miss things. But I feel pretty strongly about our decision to social distance. So that’s what we’ll do, knowing this won’t last forever, and that hugs from family and friends, dinner parties, going to the mall, school and playgrounds will have a much bigger meaning when we can enjoy them all again.
xo. edc
Comments
Post a Comment