Today I’m thankful that our whole house slept until 7am. I had one of those nutty days yesterday and it felt so good to restore last night. I woke up this morning ready for a new day! I went to a scripture circle last night and we studied Psalm 23. In unpacking more about verse 2 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me besides still waters" I was struck by the fact that the next verse says: "he restores my soul"... It is imperative that we REST before our soul restores. I am continually working on this, the question that popped into my head was: What if I don't let myself rest in the luxuriousness of the green pasture that Christ offers me? What will I miss if my soul is never restored? What is so important that I can't rest.... answer- NOTHING. What a reminder that rest is vital, and sleeping in this morning felt like the ultimate gift-- something to truly be thankful for.
xo edc.
xo edc.
Comments
Post a Comment