Today I'm thankful for books to get lost in. I'm thankful for this book in particular, for the way the author is honest about the good and the not-so-good parts of her life. I'm thankful for the inspiration to maybe write my own memoir someday????
also-- just saying. I look like Steve Jobs in this picture.
On to my favorites of the week:
1// Last night I was having chats with Lucy in bed and she started talking about our baptism at church this past summer. She went on to talk about how she wants to live her life for God, and how she wants to be baptized next summer because she already has Jesus living in her heart!!!!!!!!!!! It was the happiest moment of my life and I wanted to throw her a party right then and there! What in the world???!?!?! I can't handle how much this girl continues to amaze me. Of course I went to bed with happy tears in my eyes thanking God that I get to be this very special girls mom.
2// I got to meet baby Sybil yesterday after I dropped Olle off at school. I will say, Sigge looked like a toddler next to little 6 lb Sybil. So happy for my friend welcoming this new baby girl into the world. She's as cute as can be and it was an absolute joy to hold her for an hour.
3// This morning after we sent Lucy off on the bus Olle and I had a little dance party after he asked for the song "Breakfast Love" (Reckless Love). They sing this song downstairs at church every week and watching him do the actions VERY dramatically definitly made it onto my Friday Favorites. We have NOthing planned today, and I feel like on days like this I get to witness some of the best parenting moments.
We've got some fun things planned this weekend, while Sten is in Boston. Hope you have a great weekend as well. xo. edc.

Comments
Post a Comment