At our last IF:Table our questions centered around gratitude. I thought to myself: (since I am the one who prints off the questions) I'm pretty good at gratitude, it comes easy to me. Little did I know some of the questions would really make me think, and as I sat today and thought about what I was most thankful for, 1 thing that is harder to be grateful for came to mind.
Our floors. I seriously hate every floor in our house. Our carpet is old, stained, and has now been spit-up on so many times by Sigge that I think there's probably 3 bottles of "stain lifter" seeped forever into the deepest foundation of our home, and the linoleum in the kitchen/entryway is awful. It's coming up in some places, it's also stained, and it is just really ugly.
But today, I chose to say-- we have place where people can gather, we have a soft spot to play UNO and I don't care if the kids paint in the kitchen, and get messes on the floor. I don't live in a hut, where the earth is my floor, I have a home where I get to spend time with those I love.
It's easy to be thankful for my kids, and Sten, and all the amazing people and things in my life that I love. It's harder to think about the things that you really don't like and find the nugget of good in that. That's called contentment and it's something I want to be REALLY good at.
xo. edc.
Our floors. I seriously hate every floor in our house. Our carpet is old, stained, and has now been spit-up on so many times by Sigge that I think there's probably 3 bottles of "stain lifter" seeped forever into the deepest foundation of our home, and the linoleum in the kitchen/entryway is awful. It's coming up in some places, it's also stained, and it is just really ugly.
But today, I chose to say-- we have place where people can gather, we have a soft spot to play UNO and I don't care if the kids paint in the kitchen, and get messes on the floor. I don't live in a hut, where the earth is my floor, I have a home where I get to spend time with those I love.
It's easy to be thankful for my kids, and Sten, and all the amazing people and things in my life that I love. It's harder to think about the things that you really don't like and find the nugget of good in that. That's called contentment and it's something I want to be REALLY good at.
xo. edc.
Comments
Post a Comment