Up early this morning in preparation for Lucy’s eye appointment at Mayo. This one feels significant for some reason, because it’s been a while since her last appointment. I remember when we saw the dr. very regularly after her surgery she was around 6weeks old and he said we’d be patching until she’s 6 years old. It was like someone knocked the wind out of me... SIX YEARS? It felt like an eternity. And yet, here we are. Lucy is 6, and I have no idea where the years went. 1 billion patches later, today *might* be the day he tells us she’s done. I find myself praying about it constantly. Knowing ultimately that God has been in control of this situation from the start, I can say without a doubt that I am truly trusting His will.
I’ve been trying to get the kids thinking about thankfulness, so each day they have to tell 2 different people 3 new things they’re grateful for, and you know what Lucy said yesterday? “I’m thankful for my vision.” All I could say or I knew I’d burst in to tears: “me too.”
So today I’m thankful for Lucy’s vision, regardless of if she’ll be done patching today or not. She has 2 eyes that work, and That is reason to celebrate.
xo. edc.
I’ve been trying to get the kids thinking about thankfulness, so each day they have to tell 2 different people 3 new things they’re grateful for, and you know what Lucy said yesterday? “I’m thankful for my vision.” All I could say or I knew I’d burst in to tears: “me too.”
So today I’m thankful for Lucy’s vision, regardless of if she’ll be done patching today or not. She has 2 eyes that work, and That is reason to celebrate.
xo. edc.
Feels like SOOO long ago, and then like yesterday at the same time ♥️


Comments
Post a Comment