Here I am sitting in an empty house, pumping, listening to Christmas music. It’s easy to turn the page to the next thing. But what if I lingered in November a little longer? What if I stayed grateful for the littlest things in my life? Like my washer and dryer? My oven? My electrical toothbrush? Modern conveniences that are over looked every single day. How would life look different?
As I watched my girl run into the woods yesterday with her girl cousins I couldn’t help but look at the cyclical nature of the whole thing. We mom cousins standing in a circle watching our daughters play the EXACT same way we did. No worries in the world, complete abandon, eating snow and completely drenched from being in the snow for HOURS. I want to freeze the camera roll, and not move into the season of wanting, wishing, greed, disappointment, envy, and fatigue. I’d like to stay in this season of gratefulness and contentment for a little longer. I know there will be opportunities to be grateful as we move into Christmas and I am BOUND to seek them out and relish in them.
As I watched my girl run into the woods yesterday with her girl cousins I couldn’t help but look at the cyclical nature of the whole thing. We mom cousins standing in a circle watching our daughters play the EXACT same way we did. No worries in the world, complete abandon, eating snow and completely drenched from being in the snow for HOURS. I want to freeze the camera roll, and not move into the season of wanting, wishing, greed, disappointment, envy, and fatigue. I’d like to stay in this season of gratefulness and contentment for a little longer. I know there will be opportunities to be grateful as we move into Christmas and I am BOUND to seek them out and relish in them.
xo. edc.


Comments
Post a Comment