Thankful for some margin in life that allowed today to be whatever we wanted. We went into the weekend with no plans, so today I woke up and ran 10 miles with Kate, went on a day date with Sten, and then went to a new park with the family. We are ending the night with homemade deep dish pizza, and a glass of wine. The whole day felt like a “choose your own adventure”, not really knowing what was next until it arrived. I can say that I will sleep good tonight, having had a full day surrounded by all people and things I love, and much time in nature. xo. edc
One of our favorite weeks of summer came and went: When Dan and Pam visit. This means lots of family time at Big C. Everything is a game and there are lots of laughs-- never ending fun. It always goes by so fast and it’s sad to see them go. This year we did something super different and took a 24 hour trip to show off Duluth to Pam. J is the best trip planner and when she sent me the itinerary I knew it was going to be a good time. Here we are in our little hostel room. I slept like a rock thanks to half a sleeping pill. Seriously. I slept over 9 hours and didn’t even wake up to go to the bathroom! Found just a couple rocks to skip 😂 Here we are at split rock lighthouse. We were too cheap to go into the actual park and get the tour so we listened to a podcast on the way home instead haha The fog hadn't burned off yet and it made for the most beautiful backdrop. Perhaps the highlight for me: burrata and wine on the rocks of gooseberry falls. We ...





Comments
Post a Comment