Skip to main content

The Phil and Laurel come for a visit...


What?! It's July? I can't believe it. That means summers almost over and I haven't documented a THING! June was a busy month. We were house sitting in Evanston, staying cool as best we could, I was able to go home to MN for a beautiful wedding, and to top it off, my parents came for a visit... 
 A Trip to Chicago is never complete without a visit to Tre Kronor for breakfast.
We had such a fun time and really packed a lot into a short weekend. My parents are supportive, loving, caring, carefree, risk-takers, young at heart and beautiful inside and out. We love spending time with them, and this trip was especially fun, bc it was on our turf :) On Saturday we biked downtown, stopped in the square for gelato and made grilled fajitas for dinner, on Sunday we were supposed to go on a Kayaking Architecture Tour- but a big storm came and luckily we cancelled in time! I found out this happened to the other kayakers that day:


The It was sad to say goodbye! I hate living far away, but it just makes time together that much sweeter. and the fact that I got to end their trip with a visit to Tre K and some of this amazing coffee was totally worth it.


July is here and tomorrow is the 4th! Sten and I have NO plans! hopefully we'll see some fireworks and eat something grilled... those are 2 'musts' on my 4th of July checklist.

xo. e

Comments