Skip to main content

Ravinia 2012.

One of my favorite things about Chicago is Ravinia. It's the perfect way to spend a summer night. I love planning what to bring, sitting on blankets in the grass, listening to music and sipping wine. Last Wednesday Sten and I met some friends from Batavia, it was a perfect evening until the storm clouds came. Talk about rain! We got completely drenched getting to the car. Later the reports said that Highland Park got 2.25 inches of rain that night (I think most of it fell while we were running to the car). We were pretty bummed that our night was cut short... but it was quite an adventure!
 I took the metra from downtown. Look at that bright sun...
 .... and blue skies when we got to the park!
 There was lots of good stuff. Sten prepped all our food because I had a really busy week. We made an orzo chicken salad, and corn dip that is a summer fav..
 This is our Ravinia table. I got it at a thrift store once and found it very endearing.
 Drinking wine by the lantern light.
And then the rain came. I wish I would have taken a picture of us all SOAKED. It was quite the sight to see. I guess it is a lesson somewhere in the ballpark of "even your best laid plans don't go always turn out".... Oh well!

We have a pretty quiet weekend. Last night we watched movies and made homemade cherry bbq chicken pizza. Quiet nights at home with Sten are so wonderful. He makes me feel as though life is easy and sweet. It's Saturday morning and the sun is shining- what to do today?

xo.
e

Comments